Skip to main content

Why a quick Email/WhatsApp chat before the call - is the best for everyone in reality...

 Dear Recruiter / HR / Job/Project Related Caller...

You are someone very important to me... The best jobs of my entire life have come via Recruiters working for Agencies... I am very grateful to you... If I can please explain something...

I know and appreciate also how much pressure some of you good folks are under - your deadlines - the candidates you have to put up with who lie (ghosting is a form of lying) and pull out even after interview acceptance and all of the similar nonsense you have to patiently bear every day/week of your lives... Not joking; I had more than once an option to become a recruiter Praise the Lord Above the heavens; I refused... Your work is one of the most difficult...

I want to remove any misunderstanding... Let me be concise... Your time is valuable and I want to give the best...

  • Most of the time when a call comes in, I am working; this means in work time to go to my car in the car park etc. That time away affects the work flow.
  • If the role is suitable and I need to make a cv update; that's ok; that break is justified because now we have already ascertained suitability (quick online chat before the call) plus I know what tweaks to my cv you need for submission; I will work in my private time to compensate for that break so my delivery stays on track and well.
  • Most of the roles that come in are not suitable; e.g. the sector, location, rate/salary package, my unavailability at the time etc.
  • Even when not working, I may be driving, in a city with a family member or offline due to any reason.
Which is why this protocol (quick chat before the call) may be the best for both of us. As a Family man as well; I have a quick look at my WhatsApp through the day. Never lasts long. Just keeping an eye. Email the same. That entire chat with a Recruiter (e.g. via WhatsApp has never lasted more than 3/4 minutes in my entire life). It was a quick filter and the recruiter is happy because they got the  immediate response/information they needed. I am happy because it took the minimal time and I am back to my work, duties etc.

Final request is if you can please when reaching out please strive always to mention the sector; in which industry/domain/vertical/area. This is also why you'll notice the line above each of my roles on my cv/resumé mentioning the sector. But this is dynamic meaning that certain areas I worked with before; I don't want to ahead by personal choice. So the best thing when reaching out; just mention it. Please be as specific as possible; so if retail; mention they work in the DIY space; that's all I need to know up front.

As the screenshot below; 89% of UK folks do this now. Thank you for your patience and working with me. And I look forward to being placed by yourself in my next role quite soon.

I do apologise if I've made any mistake; I will always do my best to align with you good folks and appreciate from my heart what you have done for me over the decades; am indebted. 































Feedback always welcome (my details below); wish all the best for all.

Musab Qureshi
Emails: musabquk@hotmail.com / mail@musab.co.uk
WhatsApp: +44 7857 709 573 

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Reference Guide to the UK Government Digital Service (GDS) by Musab Qureshi

  Hope all are well... Let me share with you some basic important facts as it pertains to the UK GDS framework... 🎧 Listen to the article: click here 🎧 #HireMusab #OpenToWork #GDS #Available #Immediate #Contractor #GovernmentDigitalService # DDaT #ServiceStandard #ServiceManual 1. What is GDS? GDS stands for Government Digital Service — a unit within the UK Cabinet Office responsible for transforming government through digital, data, and technology. It was established in 2011, following the Martha Lane Fox “Digital by Default” review (2010), which recommended that government services should be simpler, clearer, and faster to use. Mission: “To make digital government simpler, clearer, and faster for everyone.” 2. Why GDS Was Created? Before GDS: Each department had its own website, design, and process. Citizens had to navigate multiple confusing portals. There was inconsistent quality and high IT costs. Many systems were run by large, long-term suppliers — the “Big IT” era — c...

Experience is gained by doing...

  Hope all are well... Sharing is Caring...       🔑My first role back in 1997 straight after university; although I had setup a small LAN at university; had no actual exposure to real-life working environments; I ended up managing the IT infrastructure and applications (plus supporting the staff) of a company in 6 countries travelling to Switzerland for over 2.5 years... 🔑The next role; I knew nothing about retail - took an active role in launching the UK's first and most successful online shopping business; we were 2 people capturing the documentation needs of the entire project team... 🔑Next role; I knew nothing about application architecture (outside of academia); I ended up documenting technical and user guide material for one of the BBC's primary technology partners in London... 🔑Next role; I knew almost nothing about ISO9001; I ended up putting together a QMS in preparation for certification for a company with almost 600 staff... 🔑Next role; I had nev...

My name in UK official government publications...

 Hello; I hope all is well. The UK Government has an official publication organisation known as The Stationary Office  or the TSO ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stationery_Office ). I have been involved with TSO projects; and I'll share one of them here;  Designing and Transforming IT Organisations ; it's reference: Purchase from here Download a PDF sample here Below is the screenshot - you'll notice the names on these pages; they headhunted the best they could find for this project from thought leaders and the most respected of organisations from across the world. From thousands of people; they only chose a small team... #HireMusab #HireTheBest Kind regards - Musab